Team LES recently embarked on a journey to the renowned Brimfield Antique Market. Located in the serene town of Brimfield, Massachusetts, this vast and eclectic marketplace provided the backdrop for our mission to source antique and vintage treasures. With anticipation in our hearts and a shared love for timeless craftsmanship, we eagerly immersed ourselves in the maze of stalls and booths, brimming with history, nostalgia, and hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Guided by a collective passion for curating unique pieces that tell stories of the past, our team's excursion to Brimfield Antique Market became a remarkable opportunity to breathe new life into cherished artifacts and add to our collection of vintage offerings.
Brimfield Market is a captivating haven for antique enthusiasts and treasure seekers. Held three times a year in May, July, and September, the market, steeped in history and allure, stretches across MANY fields and attracts visitors from far and wide. As you meander through its bustling stalls and colorful booths, a sense of anticipation fills the air, accompanied by the aroma of nostalgia. From vintage furniture and delicate porcelain to retro clothing and weathered books, Brimfield Market offers a vast array of artifacts that whisper stories of the past. The market's charm lies not only in its impressive selection but also in the vibrant community of passionate collectors and vendors who bring their expertise and love for the unique to this enchanting gathering. Whether you're a seasoned connoisseur or an intrepid explorer, Brimfield Market promises an unforgettable journey into the world of timeless treasures and the chance to uncover a piece of history waiting to be cherished again.
- Bring a friend! We were lucky enough to experience Brimfield for the first time with Rachel Miller of @layeredlogan - Rachel is an expert sourcer and frequent visitor, and she gave us the lay of the land.
- Be ready to HUNT! Brimfield is a lot less curated if you are used to shows like Round Top. A lot more hunting and digging is required to find the hidden gems.
- Dress comfortably! We chose the July show for our first time, and it was HOT! There is a ton of walking, so pace yourself, wear sneakers and workout clothes, and be prepared to feel dirty at the end of the day.
- Bring cash. Unlike other antique shows, we have been to, many vendors only take cash. Some accept Venmo, and others take a check or credit card, but you will likely miss out on items you covet without cash.
- Bring a wagon. We brought along a heavy-duty wagon to fill with treasures - we still had to make trips to the car, but the wagon made it infinitely easier - I also saw a few for rent.
- Negotiate. Most of the vendors were open to negotiating, especially if buying more than one thing from a booth or if it was the end of the week or the end of a show. Just be extra nice!
- Go for a few days. It was a lot to take in all at once. We spread our trip out over two days. You could go for three if you want to see absolutely everything.
Pricing: Pricing ranges, but you can find a lot of gems for great prices. Compared to Round Top (most frequently asked questions), the prices are lower, but you must hunt to find the gems. As with any show, there are exceptions.
Shipping: We drove and packed up our car with all our purchases, but many of the bigger vendors have shipping contacts and might be able to get you an estimate for delivery. You can slo take things to UPS, and they will pack and ship (but expect to pay a premium)
Our journey to Brimfield Market was undeniably worth every sticky hot step! The market's ambiance, rich with history and brimming with unique artifacts, left an indelible impression on our team. The countless hours spent exploring the stalls, engaging with passionate vendors, and carefully selecting pieces have yielded a remarkable assortment of treasures for the upcoming fall season at LES. From exquisite vintage glassware to charming organic sculptures, our finds encapsulate the essence of timelessness and will undoubtedly captivate collectors and enthusiasts alike. Stay tuned as we unveil our curated collection, showcasing the fruits of our Brimfield adventure. The anticipation is palpable, and we cannot wait to share the magic of Brimfield with you this fall.
In the meantime, explore our current selection of unique and eclectic vintage:
Stone Head Sculpture
Evil Eye Brass Lamp
Slouching Woman Ceramic Bust
Bronze Nymph Candleholder
Richard Avedon Portraits
Small Clay Face Pot
Atomic Style Candlesticks